State Key Lab of Advanced Optical Communication Systems and Networks
School of Electronic Information and Electrical Engineering (SEIEE)
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
800 Dongchuan Rd.
Shanghai 200240, China
Dr. Linjie Zhou is a full professor of School of Electronic Information and Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He has published more than 200 peer-reviewed international journal and conference papers with google citation >2000. He has given more than 50 invited talks in international conferences such as OFC, OECC, ACP, Photonics West etc. He has served in more than 20 international and domestic conferences as the session chair or the TPC member. He was recognized by the Optical Society of America (OSA) as one of the most active reviewers (2017). He was also the outstanding reviewer for IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology (2018).
Talent plans and Honors
- Newton Advanced Fellowship awarded by the Royal Society of UK (2016)
- Yangtse River Young Scholar awarded by the Ministry of Education of China (2015)
- National Science Fund for Excellent Young Scientists (2014)
- Jiaxing Leading Talents in Innovation (2015)
- Shanghai Rising-Star Program (2014)
- China Industry-University-Research Collaboration Innovation Award (2018)
- Top Ten Progress in China Optics (2017)
- Co-supervisor of Shanghai Excellent Doctoral Thesis (2016)
- Doctoral Supervisor of “Zhiyuan Honor Program” of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (2017, 2018)
- Undergraduate “Chun-Tsung Project” tutor of Shanghai Jiao Tong University (2017, 2018)
- SJTU outstanding performance award for the faculty employment contract period 2016-2018
- SJTU outstanding performance award for the faculty employment contract period 2013-2015
- SJTU outstanding performance award for the faculty employment contract period 2010-2012
- SMC Excellent Young Faculty Award (class A) of Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2014
- SMC Excellent Young Faculty Award (class B) of Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2010
- Silicon photonics
- Phase change material for photonic devices
- III-V and silicon hybrid integration
- Optoelectronic Device Simulation and Experiment
- Integrated Circuit Process Principles
- Semiconductor Physics and Devices
- 2003.7-2007.7 Ph.D. in Electronic and Computer Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong, China (Advisor: Andrew W. Poon)
- 1999.9-2003.7 B.S. in Microelectronics, Peking University, Beijing, China
- 2016.01 – present Professor, Department of Electronic Engineering of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- 2010.02 – 2015.12 Associate Professor, Department of Electronic Engineering of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- 2007.07 – 2009.07 Postdoc Research Scientist, Next Generation Networking Systems Laboratory of University of California, Davis, USA (Advisor: S. J. Ben Yoo)
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (International/Regional cooperation and exchange project), Ultra-compact slot-waveguide based silicon-vanadium dioxide hybrid modulator, 2016.03-2019.02
- HiSilicon Electronics Co., Ltd., SiP ICT Modeling and Simulation, 2016.03-2017.02
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Key Technologies for 400G transceiver Modules, 2015.12-2017.02
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (Excellent Youth Fund), Silicon Photonic Information Processing Devices and Technologies, 2015/01-2017/12
- National Natural Science Foundation of China, Athermalized electro-optic modulator based on silicon-polymer composite waveguide, 2011/01-2013/12
- National High Technology Research and Development Program (863 Program), 16x16 High-Speed Optical Switching Chip Based on Microring Resonators, 2013/01-2015/12
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Cooperation project on 400G transceiver modules, 2013/06-2014/08
- National 973 Program (Chief Unit), Ultra-High Speed Low-Power Photonic Information Processing Integrated Chip and Technology Fundamental Research, 2011/01-2015/12
- Major basic research projects in Shanghai, Basic research on key components of silicon optical interconnects, 2010/09-2013/09
- X. Wang et al., "Continuously tunable ultra-thin silicon waveguide optical delay line," Optica, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 507-515, 2017.
- Y. Zhou, L. Zhou, F. Su, X. Li, and J. Chen, "Linearity measurement and pulse amplitude modulation in a silicon single-drive push-pull Mach-Zehnder modulator," J. Lightwave Technol., vol. 34, no. 14, pp. 3323-3329, 2016.
- L. Lu et al., "16x16 non-blocking silicon optical switch based on electro-optic Mach-Zehnder interferometers," Opt. Express, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 9295-9307, 2016.
- Z. Zou, L. Zhou, X. Li, and J. Chen, "60-nm-thick basic photonic components and Bragg gratings on the silicon-on-insulator platform," Opt. Express, vol. 23, no. 16, pp. 20784-20795, 2015.
- A. Xie, L. Zhou, J. Chen, and X. Li, "Efficient silicon polarization rotator based on mode-hybridization in a double-stair waveguide," Opt. Express, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 3960-3970, 2015.
- L. Lu et al., "4×4 silicon optical switch based on double-ring assisted Mach-Zehnder interferometers," IEEE Photon. Technol. Lett., vol. 27, no. 23, pp. 2457-2460, 2015.
- H. Zhu, L. Zhou, Y. Zhou, Q. Wu, X. Li, and J. Chen, "All-silicon waveguide avalanche photodetectors with ultrahigh gain-bandwidth product and low breakdown voltage," IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron., vol. 20, no. 6, p. 3803006, 2014.
- H. Zhu, L. Zhou, X. Sun, Y. Zhou, X. Li, and J. Chen, "On-chip optical power monitor using periodically interleaved PN junctions integrated on a silicon waveguide," IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron., vol. 20, no. 4, p. 3800408, 2014.
- L. Zhou, H. Zhu, H. Zhang, and J. Chen, "Photoconductive effect on pip micro-heaters integrated in silicon microring resonators," Optics Express, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 2141-2149, 2014.
- J. Xie, L. Zhou, Z. Li, J. Wang, and J. Chen, "Seven-bit reconfigurable optical true time delay line based on silicon integration," Opt. Express, vol. 22, no. 19, pp. 22707-22715, 2014.
- X. Sun, L. Zhou, H. Zhu, Q. Wu, X. Li, and J. Chen, "Design and analysis of a miniature intensity modulator based on a silicon-polymer-metal hybrid plasmonic waveguide," IEEE Photonics J., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 1-10, 2014.
- L. Lu, L. Zhou, X. Li, and J. Chen, "Low-power 2× 2 silicon electro-optic switches based on double-ring assisted Mach–Zehnder interferometers," Opt. Lett., vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1633-1636, 2014.
- L. Zhou, T. Ye, and J. Chen, "Coherenet interference induced transparency in self-coupled optical waveguide-based resonators," Opt. Lett., vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 13-15, 2011.
- N. K. Fontaine, R. P. Scott, L. Zhou, F. M. Soares, J. P. Heritage, and S. J. B. Yoo, "Real-time full-field arbitrary optical waveform measurement," Nature Photonics, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 248-254, 2010.