Tenure-track Assistant Professor
State Key Lab of Advanced Optical Communication Systems and Networks
Department of Electronic Engineering, School of Electronic Information and Electrical Engineering (SEIEE)
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
800 Dongchuan Rd.
Shanghai 200240, China
Dr. Wu Kan is currently an associate professor in the State Key Laboratory of Advanced Optical Communication Systems and Networks, Department of Electronic Engineering, School of Electronic Information and Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. He received the B.S degree and the M.S degree from Shanghai Jiao Tong University at Shanghai in 2006 and 2009, and the Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological University at Singapore in 2013. His research achievements about 2D materials and mode-locked laser have attracted the international attention. Some of his publications were selected as the ESI hot papers and high cited papers, and he was also invited for writing inviting papers. Up to now, his single publication citation rate is more than 100 times, and total of his publications is cited more than 700 times in SCI journals such as Light Science and Applications (IF 13.6), Physical Review X (IF 12.8) and Optical Letters.
Talent plans and Honors
- Mode-locked fiber lasers, photonic signal processing and optical integration.
- Digital signal processing
- Test technology and experiment of optical fiber communication system
- '' 13th Five-Year '' pre-research area fund: Research of High-repetition and low-noise mode-locked optical fiber laser based on 2D material WS2.
- Youth fund of Natural science fund: Research of low time jitter mode-locked optical fiber laser based on MoS2 saturable absorber material.
- Shanghai Talent youth Yangfan project: Research of tunable low-noise and wideband microwave synthesis technology based on low time jitter mode-locked optical fiber laser.
- Kan Wu,* Bohua Chen, Xiaoyan Zhang, Saifeng Zhang, Chaoshi Guo, Chao Li, Pushan Xiao, Jun Wang, Linjie Zhou, Weiwen Zou, and Jianping Chen, High-performance mode-locked and Q-switched fiber lasers based on novel 2D materials of topological insulators, transition metal dichalcogenides and black phosphorus: review and perspective (invited), Optics Communications 406, 214-229 (2018)
- Bohua Chen, Xiaoyan Zhang, Kan Wu,* Hao Wang, Jun Wang, and Jianping Chen, Q-switched fiber laser based on transition metal dichalcogenides MoS2, MoSe2, WS2, and WSe2, Optics Express 23(20), 26723 (2015)
- Kan Wu,* Xiaoyan Zhang, Jun Wang, Xing Li and Jianping Chen, WS2 as a saturable absorber for ultrafast photonic applications of mode-locked and Q-switched lasers, Optics Express 23(9), 11453 (2015)
- Wenchao Hu, Jason C. Pillay, Kan Wu, Michael Pasek, Perry Ping Shum, and Y. D. Chong, Measurement of a Topological Edge Invariant in a Microwave Network, Physical Review X 5(1), 011012 (2015)
- Zhen Tian, Kan Wu, Lingchen Kong, Nan Yang, Yao Wang, Rong Chen, Weisheng Hu, Jianqiu Xu, and Yulong Tang, Mode-locked thulium fiber laser with MoS2, Laser Physics Letters 12(6), 065104 (2015)
- Kan Wu, Javier García de Abajo, Cesare Soci, Perry Ping Shum and Nikolay I. Zheludev, An optical fiber network oracle for NP-complete problems, Light: Science and Applications 3, e147 (2014)